Papers

NSFW Nov. 13th, 2006 10:01 pm
meredithp: (Default)
[personal profile] meredithp
I've got two sets of papers I'm working on right now.


The first is the title and registration documents for my car. The PDF forms from the website were fillable, so everything is all nice and tidy except for the handwritten parts of the sale price form. I hope I haven't left anything out; I'm planning to go to the DMV after work tomorrow and then hopefully by Wednesday morning I will be able to get replacement DOD stickers for my car so the guards don't have to keep peering at my temporary parking pass every morning. I'll also be able to get on base if I need to, which I haven't been able to do for a couple of months now.


The other forms are my application to Gallaudet. I'm trying to figure out how to handle being a returning student. I can have my transcripts sent from WMC (freshman year) and NOVA (evening classes in interpreting), but the application has a section for my high school information. When I e-mailed the admissions department to ask about that, they said "oh, well, they keep records for 10 years, they should still have yours." So I found the e-mail address for a teacher I knew who is still there, and e-mailed her to ask who I needed to contact to see if they had my information. Hah. The forms also ask for my SAT scores, and those are no longer available online, I have to get them by calling or something. I don't see why my college transcripts aren't enough. Fortunately I've already got a few people who are willing to write recommendations for me, so at least that's taken care of.

Date: 2006-11-14 07:18 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kgola.livejournal.com
I had to get my SAT scores from the archives too - you mail in this form you can print off the college board website (don't bother calling; I didn't), and pay extra money for them to search for your records, and then they'll send 'em.

As far as who to talk to at your high school, I'm presuming you had a guidance office with college counselors and such - those are generally the people that keep your transcripts. When I applied to SLC, they wanted a recommendation from my high school guidance counselor, but she retired after I graduated and moved home to the philipines, so I couldn't get them that information - but I still got in. The longer you're out of high school, the less that stuff matters, I think.

Are you applying to Gally through any kind of continuing ed program (do they have one there?)? My don here is in the CCE (center for continuing ed) and I met her other donnees this weekend, and it's a little different for them - in a good way, I'd say. Check into if Gally has anything like that, if you're interested.

Date: 2006-11-14 01:46 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] woofiegrrl.livejournal.com
I don't think Gallaudet has a continuing education program, but if they do I don't think I qualify for it because I'm hearing - instead I have to submit the application designed for Hearing Undergraduate Students (HUGS). I would imagine that being hearing trumps being an adult student, heh.

I just re-read the application procedures, tell me what you think of this bit:
2. All applicants must submit either the SAT or ACT standardized test report unless waived via transfer credit (see number 6 below).

3. Send a copy of your high school/secondary transcript showing all work completed and work in progress. Transcripts must be official (showing a school seal/stamp or principal's/school official's signature) and should be sent directly to the Office of Admissions. A form is enclosed for your school to complete and submit with your transcript.

6. Transfer students: Send an official copy of your University transcript(s) along with a copy of the college catalog as soon as possible. Your transcript will be reviewed, and you will be notified if any information is necessary. The Office of Admissions reserves the right to request additional documentation (e.g. standardized test scores, recommendation letters, etc.) from any applicant.

Now, it sounds to me like I do NOT have to submit my SAT scores at this time, but I DO have to submit my high school transcript. Then if they decide they need my SAT scores, I worry about that later. Is that how you would interpret those instructions?

I looked up the guidance office at my HS and it turns out that because I graduated 5+ yrs ago, I have to go to the school system anyway. I found a form to print out and mail in, whee! Now I can include that form Gallaudet wants, too.

SO CONFUSING, heh...

Date: 2006-11-14 04:47 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kgola.livejournal.com
how much college did you complete the first time around, and would any of it qualify as transfer credit (in other words, did you pass with at least a C?). If you completed (I believe) at least one complete year, (or maybe it's a semester), you can apply as a transfer.

But if you do qualify as a transfer, I would agree that's how it reads to me.

Date: 2006-11-14 05:49 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] woofiegrrl.livejournal.com
I'm reasonably sure I qualify as a transfer student - that's how I'm planning to apply. I got a 3.0 GPA my first semester at WMC, and I failed my second semester badly, though I don't know what my actual GPA was. I'm also planning on having a transcript sent from the interpreter training program where I took a couple of classes in 2003, which I got a 4.0 for. I think all put together it should work out to a transfer student. :)

Date: 2006-11-14 01:40 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sewcute.livejournal.com
That is kind of odd they want your HS information. . .Most schools once you have been to college only care about college stuff!

Good luck getting it all together!

Profile

meredithp: (Default)
meredithp

March 2020

S M T W T F S
1234567
891011 121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

  • Style: Sky Treader for Ciel by nornoriel

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 29th, 2026 07:33 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios