| Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all. -Linda Creed, 1977 | The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. -eden ahbez, 1947 |
I unquestionably, unfailingly, believe that our purpose on earth is to love each other. The world keeps on turning because of love. Sadly, not everyone agrees with me, and violence and hatred are facts of life. But I personally believe in giving and getting as much love as possible while I'm on this planet.
It's a process, though. The most important part of the process is loving yourself, and allowing yourself to be loved. No one alive is free from self-doubt (except, maybe, Kanye West), and we have to remember to trust ourselves and allow ourselves to be loved. No one is unlovable.
I have love beyond measure, but I still find myself incredulous. There are wonderful people in the world whom I love very much, and I am loved back. But as easy as it is for me to love them, I remain puzzled by their love for me. If I think about it consciously and carefully, I realize that I am pretty damn spectacular, and I deserve all the love I get. Familial, platonic, and romantic love - I deserve all of it, and I'm working on knowing that without thinking. The little voice in my head still says "oh my gosh, how could this amazing person actually love little unremarkable me?" But I am remarkable! I am smart, I am good, I am strong, and I am worthy of that love. My personal challenge is to stop asking myself that question, and just know that I deserve love.
It's a work in progress. The more love I give, the more love I get. So I just keep giving it, and love keeps coming back to me. Love is my ultimate joy.
no subject
Date: 2015-02-25 10:48 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-02-26 12:09 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-08-15 06:38 pm (UTC)