meredithp: (selfie)
[personal profile] meredithp
When I asked why I was paying tuition to be tortured in grad school, my friend Dale called it as "intellectual masochism." This is frighteningly accurate.

I think this semester will be good, though. Today I finished Museum Masters, and it was quite motivational. I've been needing that at work lately, and I think this semester will be a good push in the right direction.

I especially enjoyed reading about George Brown Goode and the Smithsonian; I really must read his papers on museum administration, as his ideas from over 100 years ago still seem to resonate today. John Cotton Dana was also fascinating, as he sought to make libraries and museums relevant to the everyday lives of their visitors.

My first HIST 691 (Museum Studies) class is tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to it.

Profile

meredithp: (Default)
meredithp

March 2020

S M T W T F S
1234567
891011 121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

  • Style: Sky Treader for Ciel by nornoriel

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 29th, 2026 01:50 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios