meredithp: (selfie)
[personal profile] meredithp
Aikido continues to go well. Every week, I don't want to go. Every week, I go anyway. Every week, I'm glad I went.

Today, during warmups, I reminded myself that this won't be a short process, and I cannot quit. It took me four years to prove to myself that I can achieve with my mind - because to me, a Bachelor's degree represented achievement.

Then it took me three more years to achieve with my heart. To grow through living overseas, living alone, changing careers, and becoming a manager. All of these experiences taught me I can be bold, I can succeed at the goals I set for myself. I still falter sometimes, but I'm braver than I've ever been.

So why would I think achieving with my body would be an easy process? I've never been athletic. I want to quit already, because sometimes it's hard and sometimes it's uncomfortable. But seven years ago, I started to change my life. It's been a challenge, but a good one. I have to keep going, even if it's a long journey. This is just more walking on the same road.

Date: 2014-12-09 02:37 pm (UTC)
nosrednayduj: pink hair (Default)
From: [personal profile] nosrednayduj
Go you. Keep it up. It was over 20 years ago I decided I needed to exercise every day. (At about the same age you are, I believe.) I started with a 2.5 mile bike ride every day. It was way more tiring than a 10 mile bike ride is today!

Date: 2014-12-13 12:28 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ammre.livejournal.com
I like the way you put that, comparing it to the effort you spent on your mind and the time that took. And just like we never stop learning, we never stop working on our bodies.

Date: 2014-12-13 01:52 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] woofiegrrl.livejournal.com
You've been an amazing inspiration for working on my body, by the way. There is no way in hell I could do what you're doing, so you have tons of respect from me for doing it. I'm going about it a different way, but it's a similar journey, and I like watching yours.

Profile

meredithp: (Default)
meredithp

March 2020

S M T W T F S
1234567
891011 121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

  • Style: Sky Treader for Ciel by nornoriel

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 29th, 2026 01:49 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios