meredithp: (Default)
[personal profile] meredithp
I was going to write a long detailed post, but in the interest of maintaining the family's privacy, I will just ask those of you who pray to pray for my supervisor's son, who is in the Cardiac ICU at Children's Hospital in Washington, DC. He is on the fast track for a heart transplant because they hope that will make him well again - but they don't even know what's wrong. It's a very grave situation, so if you are the type to send well wishes or good vibes, please do that too.

Edit: Redirect your good vibes a little bit north; he's being moved to Johns Hopkins as soon as a bed is available.

Date: 2008-08-09 02:50 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fairerhiannon.livejournal.com
My thoughts are with the family!

Date: 2008-08-11 04:44 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sunnydale47.livejournal.com
I your icon. I love the spiral goddess, and that's an especially beautiful one!

Date: 2008-08-12 01:15 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fairerhiannon.livejournal.com
Thank you.

I cannot remember where I found this one, but you're welcome to copy it, if you like.

Date: 2008-08-09 06:02 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] moosl.livejournal.com
He's in my thoughts and prayers.

Date: 2008-08-11 04:39 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sunnydale47.livejournal.com
I do metta meditation (mine is more or less the same as this one -- you start with yourself and radiate outward), and I'll start including the boy and also his family. The Buddhist lovingkindness meditation is like a prayer except that it's not addressed to anyone or anything. So please tell your supervisor I'm praying for them.

Please post updates on how he's doing. (Do you know his first name? Saying "the boy" or "your supervisor's son" feels cold. Do you know how old he is?)

Date: 2008-08-11 05:19 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] woofiegrrl.livejournal.com
His first name starts with J, and he's 16. I'll be interpreting for the family from 7am to 7pm tomorrow. The latest report is that he was awake for 20 mins and was talking and had some water. I believe he's still on the breathing tube, no idea if the heart transplant is a go yet.

Profile

meredithp: (Default)
meredithp

March 2020

S M T W T F S
1234567
891011 121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

  • Style: Sky Treader for Ciel by nornoriel

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 29th, 2026 01:49 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios